- Give your pup a head start with puppy day care
- We collect around 10:30 & drop home around 15:30
- Includes walks, play time, snack + (maybe) a snooze
- Fantastic for socialising and balanced development!
Puppy Visits / Puppy Day Care & Socialisation
So you’re thinking of getting a new puppy – what exciting news! But you’re worried about those days you’ll have to leave them home alone… Maybe they haven’t had all their jabs yet and aren’t allowed out, but do need some company while you’re busy… Or perhaps you are keen for them to be socialised and make lots of new puppy (and human) friends… Worry not – we can help!
Importance of socialisation…
We truly believe that socialisation in dogs is critical in developing a confident and well balanced dog. In fact, it is scientifically proven! Socialisation is the process by which puppies learn to relate to people and animals. It means meeting and having pleasant encounters with as many other adults, children, puppies, dogs and other animals as possible. It also involves becoming used to a wide range of events, environments and situations.
We feel that when you take on a puppy, you are taking on the responsibility to ensure your dog grows up to be emotionally well-adjusted. Puppies that are not socialised may grow up to be fearful and fearful dogs may bite. Dogs not used to different environments and situations spend their lives being frightened when taken to unfamiliar places. Puppy socialisation should happen early, intensively between 3 and 12 weeks, and continue until the puppy is a year old. Intensive work may be needed for older puppies to make up for lost time.
Well-socialised puppies grow up to be friendly and happy in the company of people and animals and make successful pets. Dogs taken out regularly as puppies can take different situations in their stride and enjoy going anywhere with their owners, leading to a more enjoyable, trusting and stress free relationship between companions.
A typical outline of our puppy day care…
- We collect day care pups between 10:00-11:00 and transport them comfortably and safely to our HQ
- Introduce them slowly to the other pups, they can get to know each other and become friends
- We’ll take them out for regular wee breaks and short walks which will build up as they get older
- They’ll be safely introduced to new dogs and people and can take in all the sights, smells and sounds of the neighbourhood
- In between walks they will spend time at our HQ where they can play, have a snooze and a snack
- We drop pups home after 15:00 – safe, happy and sufficiently tired out.
Price of puppy visits / puppy day care…
- £29 per day
- We charge x1.2 on Sundays and x1.5 on bank holidays
We offer 10% off for block bookings of 15+ days per calendar month
We offer 20% off for block bookings of 20+ days per calendar month
**All prices exclusive of VAT.
How to book…
Simply drop us a line via our book a pawpair page or email us and we’ll get back to you ASAP with availability and a few questions about your dog. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call us on 07572 804 138. We have limited (10) spaces each day so please contact us well in advance*. We’ll then arrange a [no obligations] meeting and if we’re all happy to proceed we’ve got some paperwork to sign and will take a set of house keys.
*Please note: we only take small breeds into day care.